setting up services - registration
service provider number ranges
In accordance with the icstis Code of Practice (Tenth Edition), service providers must ensure that icstis is notified of the following information before starting a new service:
- any telephone number ranges (including dialling codes) or other connection arrangement allocated to it by the network operator
- the name, address, e-mail address, telephone and fax number of the person representing the service provider who is nominated to receive all communications in connection with the application of the Code.
Please download the Service Provider Registration Form (pdf) for completion and return to icstis. Please note that if the service being offered requires icstis' prior permission to operate, this form should ONLY be completed when permission has been granted.
Any enquiries about this requirement should be addressed to Darryl Medcalf on 020 7940 7419 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
how icstis can help
The Secretariat can advise on matters relating to compliance with the Code of Practice, and can also give advice on setting up services and applying for permission.
Copy advice and guidance on proposed service content is available free to service providers from the Secretariat. Please e-mail email@example.com for further details.
- outside icstis' remit
The following are outside icstis' remit:
- Legal matters. Advice on laws, such as gaming or data protection legislation, that may apply to a service should be sought from the relevant authority or a suitably qualified solicitor.
- Commercial matters, including revenue and the cost of setting up a service. Individual network operators will be able to help with this.
- Technical matters, including where to obtain equipment used to provide premium rate services. Service providers wishing to offer live entertainment services are required to record all calls. Please see the recording equipment requirements
- Matters relating to services that do not charge via premium rate (for example, services paid for via credit card).