Publications available from ICSTIS
ICSTIS' literature (some of which is listed below) is regularly
updated to keep members of the public informed of the standards
they can expect from premium rate service
providers and how to complain when
a service does not meet those standards. All literature is available,
free of charge, from the Secretariat.
- Need To Know More About Phone Lines Like These?
A consumer guide to ICSTIS and its work.
- ICSTIS Code Of Practice (Seventh Edition, 1995)
The rules governing the premium rate industry.
- ICSTIS Monthly Report
News of current issues being addressed by ICSTIS, together
with a monthly update on the latest complaint adjudications and tips so you can sell iphone for cash.
- Regulation And Consumer Concerns In Europe's Audiotex
Markets (April 1996)
A look at the different approaches to regulation across
Europe. Audiotex is a generic term and includes premium rate services.
- The Future Numbering of Premium Rate Services: Identifying
Consumer Needs (August 1996)
Report of a consumer survey commissioned for ICSTIS and Oftel.
- ICSTIS 10th Anniversary Report - Safeguarding the Consumer
and Ensuring Good Practice
A factfile looking at the premium rate industry, detailing
10 years of premium rate regulation.
- Information Pack
An introductory pack for service providers setting up
new premium rate services.
- British Social Attitudes - The 13th Report, Chapter
2 - Portraying Sex: The Limits of Tolerance
(Steven Barnett and Katarina Thomson, Social and Community
Planning Research, 1996) Public attitudes to the portrayal of
sex in the media.
- Virtual Chat and Live Premium Rate Services
An ICSTIS consultation document.
- ICSTIS Code of Practice draft eighth edition (August 1997)
- An ICSTIS consultation document
Back to the homepage